Barros Tawny Port
Douro Valley, Portugal
Established in 1913 by Manuel de Almeida, the Barros Estate is located in the region of Tabuaco, close to the town of Pinhao. They source their grapes from the Quinta de S. Luiz, which is considered to be one of the most representative vine estates in the Douro region. Barros Tawny Port offers an expressive nose of ripe berry, licorice and crushed rose petal, accented by a note of toasted almond. The full-bodied, off-dry palate displays earthy, concentrated flavors of blackberry, raisin, violet and spice, complemented by velvety tannins, firm acidity and a long, fruit-forward finish.